1,319 total views, 5 views today
I’m seriously not aware that today is the leap day. I know about the leap year but didn’t give any attention to it because I thought it was just an ordinary day. Well, it was for me. Until I saw the posts of other bloggers about it and asking what are the things that we did today. Since I’m not aware, I did nothing. I don’t think it’ll affect my remaining days and months for this year so I didn’t bother.
Anyways, for you who doesn’t know about this leap thingy. I have some facts and trivia for you to read.
- Leap year only occurs every 4 years.
- Once it’s a leap year, it will automatically adds another day in the month of February. We usually have 28 as the last day of February but when it is a leap year, we have until February 29.
- Babies that are being born on February 29 are called leaplings or leapers.
- Find baby coupons and buy that leapling a special toy.
- If you are a leap baby, you will going to choose to celebrate your birthday on either February 28 or March 1.
- In Scotland, if you are born on February 29 then you are consider as bad luck.
- In Greece, it is unlucky to set your wedding date on February 29 or to the entire leap year.
- In some other countries, women are allowed to propose to their boyfriends and if the guy refuses they will be force to pay a penalty, either gowns or 12 pair of gloves.
About the last trivia, I don’t think it’s just fair. It’s like you’re forcing a guy to marry you. Because if he refuses, he will pay a penalty. What if he’s not serious with your relationship? Then you will end up marrying the wrong guy? Anyway, it’s just for fun. I don’t think they’re still following this tradition. I respect that. 🙂
- So what did you today?
- Are you also unaware of this?
- Have you enjoyed the trivia?
- Did you learn something?
Image from: Costume Supercenter